The Muslim Association of Britain (MAB) is a British organisation, founded in 1997; dedicated to serving society through promoting the correct understanding of Islam with its spiritual teachings, ideological and civil concepts, and moral and human values—all placed in the service of humanity. It seeks to convey these by reaching out to people using high standards of communication and offering logically-grounded argument.
MAB cooperates with others in tackling the complex and intractable issues affecting our society like rising crime, failure in education, the spread of racism, drug addiction, disassociation of youth from society, rise in anti-Islam hatred and violence—whether organised or individual, regardless of its motives.
MAB aims to promote and propagate the principles of positive Muslim interactions with all elements of society; to reflect, project and convey the message of Islam in its pure unblemished form.
MAB works to create hope; by encouraging Muslims to be pro-active in participating in the British Society through the many avenues available; by integrating positively through fruitful citizenship.
• An Islamic organisation that is of solid organizational structure and sound membership profile, which represents British Muslims on all levels, including educational, spiritual, scientific, academic, social and political.
• An organisation that speaks for Muslims on all issues and enjoys strong support throughout the British society, through providing its worth and values as an integral element thereof rather than a fringe entity.
• An organisation that takes the initiative by leading the way in Islamic public work and opens doors to more efficient, constructive and appropriate relationships with the wider non-Muslim community and is considered a true and proper reflection of Islam and its noble principles.
• An organisation that works and supports charitable work in its wide spheres, beginning with local issues (like medical research, homelessness, supporting the vulnerable of young and old, etc.) and extending to global charity.
“I want not but betterment and reform to the best of my ability; and my success is but from Allah.”
(Words of Prophet Shuaib, peace be upon him, as quoted in the Qur’an)
What do we want?:
• For a constructive ideological and civil dialogue to be initiated between Muslims and the elements of modern society for the betterment of all concerned.
• For Muslims to become involved in the making of laws, the shaping of political and social decision-making procedures and the installation of government.
• For Islamic issues Worldwide to be recognised as just, fair and humane.
• For British Muslims to understand their role as couriers of morals and upholders of justice for all those oppressed in the World, Muslims and non-Muslims alike.
How do we achieve our aims?:
• By having a membership made up of strong knowledgeable and resolute individuals.
• By applying our educational programmes thoroughly to all levels of membership.
• By coordinating with other Islamic organisations with whom we agree on the broad aims and objectives.
• By working on all levels and applying the notions of universality and the comprehensiveness with which we preach.
• By having a strategic plan which meets the requirements and demands of the context within which we function.
There are 12 MAB Branches in Britain: London, Birmingham, Wales,
East Midlands, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Bristol and Scotland.
Want to make a change? Want to Learn more?
Contact us on: 020 8908 9109.
We are waiting for your call.
And Praise is to Allah; The Lord of the Worlds.