The Muslim Association of Britain (MAB) is a UK organisation founded in 1997; we are dedicated to serving society by promoting the accepted understanding of Islam with its spiritual teachings, ideals, civil concepts and moral values, all directed towards serving humanity. MAB seeks to reach out to people using reasoned and logically grounded argument.
MAB cooperates with others to address complex issues affecting society: rising crime and prison populations, failure in education, spread of racism, rise in anti-Islam hatred – Islamophobia, drug addiction, violence and the growing disconnect of youth from society.
MAB believes that Muslims should interact positively with all elements of society; to reflect, project and convey the pure message of Islam in an unblemished form.
MAB works to build and sustain hope by encouraging Muslims to participate proactively in the British Society, to make the most of the many legitimate avenues available and to function positively to become fruitful citizens of the UK.
Muslims At their Best.
- To be an organisation that reflects the Muslim view and enjoys strong support throughout the British society by proving its worth and adhering to the Islamic principles and values as part of mainstream Britain rather than on its margins.
- To be an organisation that reflects the diversity of the Muslim community and leads the way in promoting and defending Islam. In addition, we aim to develop a constructive and mutually beneficial relationship with the wider non-Muslim community whilst remaining true to Islam and its noble principles.
- To be an organisation that supports charitable work in its wide spheres, beginning with local issues like homelessness, food banks, supporting the vulnerable of young and old, etc., and extending to national projects like medical research and health care.
“I want not but betterment and reform to the best of my ability; and my success is but from Allah.”
(Prophet Shuaib, peace be upon him, as quoted in the Qur’an 11.88)
What do we want?:
- A constructive and civil dialogue to be initiated between Muslims and other sections of modern society for the betterment of all concerned.
- British Muslims to become involved – as citizens – in the shaping of political and social decision-making procedures.
- British Muslims to understand their role as couriers of morals and upholders of justice for all those oppressed in the world, Muslims and non-Muslims alike.
- Humanity to realised the importance of peace and stability in the world.
How do we achieve our aims?:
- By having a membership made up of strong knowledgeable and resolute individuals.
- By applying our educational programmes thoroughly to all levels of membership.
- By coordinating with other Islamic organisations who share the broad aims and objectives of MAB.
- By working on all levels and applying the notions of universality and the comprehensiveness with which we preach.
- By having a strategic plan which meets the requirements and demands of the context within which we function.
There are 11 MAB Branches in Britain: London, Birmingham, Wales, Scotland, East Midlands, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool and Tyneside.
Want to take part in making a change? Want to learn more?
Contact us on: email@example.com
We are waiting to hear from you.